Saturday, March 10, 2018

Good Bye

I could  cling to every good memory of us, until my heart overflows with the pain of losing what was left of you.
Instead I'll cling to every painful thing you ever said to me.  I'll drown out every good memory with the sound of your voice belittling me,
I'll remember what a failure you seemed to think I was, and how useless my thoughts and feelings were to someone who never understood the depths of the human spirit.
Every time your smile flashes across my mind, I'll push it away with every fuck you you ever screamed at me.
Every time I wonder why not me, I'll answer that question with, because my dear you've been humiliated enough and it's time to move on to something better, something more beautiful, someone that understands who you are and can understand the beauty you see in the world around you.
I won't cling to every good memory we had, because the bad always outweighs the good and that is the constant reminder that builds enough strength in me to finally push you away.  So good riddance my love, and may you never cross paths with someone who looks at you with as much discontent you once looked at me with.

No comments: